Prescribed Fire Ecology Intern. Perfect, because (1) I love both forest and fire ecologies and (2) I don’t want the responsibility of a career track position quite yet.
Needless to say, I geeked out pretty hardcore.
Then I look at the required skills:
Valid US driver’s license with clean driving record; ability and willingness to undergo a required criminal history background check; physically fit with ability to pass the arduous pack test (carry 45 pounds for 3 miles in under 45 minutes).
My first thought was, “Man! That’d be a fun workout.”
It’s hard for me to believe that there are people who’d pass over this posting because of that one line. It’s awesome that I am not one of them.
I’d make a good southerner, yeah?
- mommyslosingitnow likes this
- steelmangoes likes this
- 123runner likes this
- greatescapes22 likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- chrystidoeslife said:A 5k with a kid on my back? I might have to try that… ;-)
- lindsaydoeslife likes this
- inasoutherndirection said:do it! do it! do it!
- cupcakesandchaucer likes this
- nowkathrynlive likes this
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- regainingmymoxy said:Go west. GO WEST!!
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- strengthgained said:You’d make an EXCELLENT Southerner!!!
- ourtimetochange said:Uh, that’s “good southerner, y’all”. ;-)
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- kayladoeslife likes this
- whatyouthandbeauty likes this
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- gillsquirt likes this
- gillsquirt said:COOL!! Sounds fun. Also, Jim is so right hahaha.
- runswithpoodles likes this
- rxingmyazzoff said:that sounds PERFECT Brenna!! Where is it located?
- captainmudphud said:Is this at the Jones ecological research center in south Georgia?
- buildingothersup said:that’s awesome!! i will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!
- runslikeapenguin said:doit doit doit DOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
- dietmortik0 said:Any place is better than Long Island…
- ohh-shenanigans likes this
- dietmortik0 likes this
- takingbackpaula likes this
- runningwithguts posted this