Roasted Garlic Hummus Burger with Parsley & Dill Feta Spread.
Oh. My. FUCK.
I have never made a more delicious anything in my life. This is not an exaggeration. If you never make anything else that I post, please: make this. I beg of you.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 4 heads garlic, roasted
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ~1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, heat the lemon juice. Add ground flax, stir, and then let sit while you work. This is going to be our “egg,” which will act to bind the burgers.
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. You want them in varying states of wholeness - some should be totally mashed, some should be totally whole, but most should be in between. Texture, people.
- Mash the garlic into your mashed chickpeas. Very technical.
- Toss in salt, white pepper, and bread crumbs. Give it a quick stir,
- Heat the oil in a skillet. We’re frying these babies, because that’s the only way to get the olive oil flavor. I’m pretty sure, anyway. If you add the oil directly to the burger, it’ll turn into a goopy mess. Plus, we have to heat them SOMEHOW.
- While the oil heats, add the flax mixture to the large bowl and mix it all together with your hands.
- Divide into four even portions and shape into patties.
- Cook them while you prepare your spread! A couple of minutes on each side, or until they’re browned to your liking.
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- small handful Italian parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, mash your garlic, parsley, and feta with a fork.
- Stir in your yogurt.
- Sprinkle in your dill, and then stir again.
Spread the spread onto your burger (genius!) and top with sliced red onion, tomato, English cucumber, and spinach.
I was planning on eating this with pita, but then I remembered those mini French boules that were sitting in my freezer from RAD: 001 and I decided to eat my burger like a burger.
BEST IDEA EVER, because seriously. I would eat this every. Damn. Day.
Tomorrow I’m putting a burger on top of a spinach salad for lunch, and I’m already unreasonably excited to eat it.
PS - The burger is vegan, if that matters to you. Just switch out the feta spread for something less delicious but more vegan.
- lostbetweenthenotes likes this
- see-mego reblogged this from runningwithguts
- apapersea reblogged this from kelsey-leann
- itsssnix likes this
- oradianto likes this
- lizzywhimsy likes this
- maharincess-of-franistan likes this
- kelsey-leann reblogged this from runningwithguts and added:
- tendecisionsshapeyourlife likes this
- anastasiaxlucia likes this
- tridad likes this
- ablognamedblue likes this
- khanthearyou likes this
- breagen likes this
- superstitioushyperrealist likes this
- l-platerunner likes this
- celluloidandsoles likes this
- breatherunlive likes this
- obsoletemodel likes this
- elphieeee likes this
- sometimesyoulead likes this
- lovehandletales likes this
- grammatarian likes this
- orange-slice-paradise likes this
- jens-getting-healthy likes this
- ellapalooza likes this
- erina likes this
- yogawarriornyc reblogged this from runningwithguts and added:
- purbenefit likes this
- pharmkitten likes this
- itgivesitthew likes this
- svarturgeit likes this
- awfullotofrunningtodo reblogged this from runningwithguts
- berrysurprise likes this
- strongisthenweskinny reblogged this from veggielife
- azzameiluj reblogged this from liftingbiobabe
- kaylerr27 likes this
- fooooooooooo0d reblogged this from glitterandheatlightning
- aliceopal likes this
- glitterandheatlightning reblogged this from britsfit
- glitterandheatlightning likes this
- lovebitesafterdark reblogged this from emilydoesscience
- lovebitesafterdark likes this
- cyberhoardingvomit likes this
- hillbillyhoardersinspace reblogged this from runningwithguts and added:
- mulanisthebest likes this
- forthelife-ofme likes this
- notjustnandos reblogged this from veggielife
- jiggleypoof reblogged this from laurenlifts
- livelovebeerrunlife likes this